Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Cthulhu Fhtagn! Chi Wei Shen Ming Edition. I Think.

I make a conscious effort to feature Mythos items from outside the purely English speaking world.  Making that task considerably easier is the fact that "Cthulhu" is treated as a proper name in most languages.  That means I can Google "Cthulhu" and the words for "resin" or "idol" in another tongue to find nifty stuff that would otherwise be overlooked. 

Sometimes that leads to things like this- "Overhead fairy baby Cthulhu larvae Chi Wei Shen Ming Hall also qualified Cthulhu thinker".   It's an excellent sculpt that's apparently being mass produced in China, but I have no idea how to credit the artist.  I'm also not brave enough to actually buy one, having had a credit card hijacked the last time I directly ordered from a Chinese website.  That said, I'd love to see someone import it to the United States.




1 comment:

mvincent said...

You can buy this on Aliexpress at:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GK-Cthulhu-Thinker-Garage-Resin-Figure-Model-Kit/32785800212.html?

Aliexpress is very reliable and mainstream (I've purchased hundreds of items there... it's even more reliable than ebay).