Monday, December 31, 2012

The Curious Case of Jason McKittrick

For some time now I've become increasingly suspicious of Jason McKittrick.  He seems pleasant enough.  Cheerfully sculpting away, crafting both intriguing bits of Cthulhiana and a line of Lovecraftian candies. But about six months ago something changed.

The problem is the sheer amount of stuff he's producing.  It's simply...unnatural.  I suspect, although I have no proof, that he's been exploring things better left alone.  And by "things" I mean "the reanimation of essential saltes".   It may even have begun innocently, as genuine research for one of his prop assemblages.  But at some point he realized he could call up beings better left dead and put them to work with silicone and casting resin, leaving himself free to sculpt even more.

How else do we explain this?  Yet another Cthulhu idol allegedly done by Mr. McKittrick's hand.


I warn Mr. McKittrick, and all others of similar predilections, that #118 still walks the earth. As Baron Ferenczy and others have learned, his wrath is not a thing to be trifled with.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being an artist is like walking next a deep abyss, you watch the stars and you imagine concepts because you are young.

But one day, the dancing flame is bringing nothing new and you start listening to the winds which are howling from the abyss.
And you feel the hunger, you believe you will be able to create and satisfy to refind the first artist days. When everything was new.

Then you approach more and more from the chasm. Until you fall.

CoastConFan said...

My understanding is that they might just name a new wing at the Arkham Sanitarium after Jason.

Lord Auron said...

I don't know if it is the lighting or the finish or the form, but that is by far my favorite Cthulhu idol so far.

Jason McKittrick said...

Haha! I may or may not have found secret documents behind an ancestors portrait leading me on this path!

Thanks so much for the kind words!
Just wait til you see what I'm working on now! Can you say, "Witch House"?