Monday, November 3, 2008

And So It Begins...

Yesterday I thought it might take me a week to have the initial redesign of the Miskatonic expedition patch finished, but thanks to my pain induced inability to sleep it's done already.



And the black and white version:



It has a little more of an art deco feel thanks to the font and the stylized Dornier Wal, but it's basically the same design. I'm going to experiment with some additional elements and the color scheme to jazz it up a bit and take it in an even more deco direction. I'd also be interested in hearing any feedback or suggestions you might have via the comments below or email since I'm going to try something a little different with this design: I'm going to give it away. I still intend to make a little scratch selling items based on the design, but when it's finalized I'll release all the source files under a Creative Commons license. That way you'll be able to do anything you want with it, including remixes and mashups of the design or incorporating it into other artworks, as long as it's for non-commercial use and includes an attribution.

3 comments:

affliction said...

Very slick design! I like the sense of motion...almost like the wall murals from ATMOM - time and spaced traversed!

Unknown said...

Are you planning on having patches made of this design as well?

Propnomicon said...

That's the plan, Scott. I'd like to have both a new patch and a set of decals available by the first week of December, with the whole bundle available for less than $10.